The form the French must fill in to justify leaving home
Under the new French decree to stay at home, coming into effect shortly at 12:00 local time (11:00 GMT) on Tuesday, citizens will need to justify their movements.
A form has been created which they should carry when out and about, and on which the reasons for travel can be ticked. They are:
- Commuting to work where working at home is not possible
- Trips to authorised shops for necessities
- Travel for health reasons
- Travel for urgent family reasons, to help the vulnerable or for childcare
- Brief trips close to home for exercise on an individual basis and/or to exercise pets
Reasons can also be set out on plain paper, but it will be regarded as a sworn statement.
Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said the fine for transgressors would soon be set at €135 ($150; £123).
Le Monde reports that some 100,000 civil servants and soldiers will be deployed nationwide to carry out checks.